Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pouchong--competition 2nd

I recently acquired a competition grade Pouchong from Ping Ling, Wenshan. It is the second place grade and came in the tea tin on the left, the tin on the right holds Pouchong Supreme tea which is very good, but no where near as good as the competition grade tea. Each tin holds a kilogram of Pouchong.



A kilogram of tea fits into this bag.


This Pouchong has a beautiful dark dry leaf that turns bright green when steeped. The dry leaf smells like the brewed tea. The bouquet is slightly fruity and flowery. The taste is very full and well balanced with a very slight astringency. This tea seems to synthesize everything I like about tea into one cup.

1 comment:

Geoffrey Kutnick said...

Hello,

I was wondering if you accept press releases regarding new tea products. I have some information about the launch of a portable loose tea brewer that I would love to send you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Geoffrey Kutnick
geoff@kreislermediagroup.com